This Friday, the 26th, you’ll find this splendid beat seeker at the Seattle Art Museum, for an installation of their SAM Remix event series, featuring some of my favorite local (and nearly-local) producers, plus a museum full of other happenings…. all for only $10!
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 26TH @ THE DOWNTOWN SAM
Experience SAM Remix Downtown, which will bursting at the seams with live music, art, DJs, performances, talks, dancing and more at this late-night creative explosion!
The night’s activities include:
• Decibel Festival stage featuring A/V performances by LOSCIL (Kranky : Vancouver), THE SIGHT BELOW (Ghostly International), NORDIC SOUL (Decibel) & GEL-SOL (em:t).
• Brokenbeat performances by SUNTZU SOUND
• Mashups spun by DJ FREDDIE KING OF PANTS
• Accordionist Philip Kobernik of band Hey Marseilles playing live in the galleries
• SAM Talks: Artist Salon with videos, images and more presented by Seattle-based artists
• Live, kinetic sculpture installations by Lingo Dance Company
• Theatrical performance by Mike Pham of Helsinki Syndrome
• Modern dance by Evoke Productions
• Teatro ZinZanni’s amazing juggler Bernard Hazens
• SAMtrax playlists in the Third and Fourth Floor galleries, curated by writers, artists and critics
• Seattle Beard & Stache Fest’s Bearded Lady competition
• A drawing studio with live models
• Masquerade face painting
• A design competition using Seattle-based artist Curtis Steiner’s 1,000 Blocks interactive sculpture
• Readings by poets Daemond Arrindell and Storme Webberwith Rosalyn DeRoos
• My Favorite Things tours with local artists, critics and arts organizations, including Adriana Grant, Regina Hackett, Denee McCloud & Gao Gao, KT Niehoff of Lingo Dance, Yoko Ott & Scott Lawrimore, Jessica Powers, Helen Divjak of MOHAI, Vivian Phillips of the Hansberry Project at ACT, Carlo Scandiuzzi of Act Theatre and more.
Doors open at 8pm / 18+
Tickets may be purchased at the Ticketing Desk at any of SAM’s three sites or over the phone with a credit card by calling the Box Office at 206.654.3121. This is an ages 18+ event. Visit THE SAM REMIX EVENT PAGE for more info on the February SAM Remix event.
The Seattle Art Museum
1300 1st Ave, Seattle